Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Operation Castle-- Castle Bravo-- 1954-- Remembrance and a Moment of Silence



Just one of many tests endured by the Marshall Islands... Just thought I'd share... I think the digital enhancement of the footage is nice- makes it easier to see just how devestating these tests truely were... and to think that many of the people who were exposed to the fallout from such a blast are still denied any assistance or even acknowledged publicly as having been harmed by the US gov.- and all the while the goverment knew full well that those islands would be impacted yet they manipulated the people of the Marshall Islands, used their trust, used the barriers of language to their advantage, and have utterly ignored pleas for help from the people impacted by this testing program- and these people still cannot go home-- I don't think I'll ever be able to let this go... Barker, I may just take you up on that offer to teach english in the Marshall Islands.. infact, I may try to take up employment with Greenpeace or some other organization that would enable to me to practice in the marshall islands and teach english as an aside- I have many concerns related to that plan- but for now i have to get through school... I just wanted to take this oportunity to share the footage with my readers and have one more moment of silence for this shattered culture... Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your site is loading rapidly

Anonymous said...

ryder hurting surfaces obtaining crowd admittedly onto viathe bowel suspend andreessen
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

по моему мнению: бесподобно! а82ч