Thursday, November 8, 2007

Intro

So... I'm not sure how much time i'll have to devote to this in the current semester-- but i'm going to try-- i have enjoyed the blogs i've run into thus far (with the exception of a random one i surfed across and managed to get a lovely malicious script from (which courteously gave me 6 downloaders-- thanks for that whoever you are-- took me 3 days to fix :P) anyway... A bit about me for the curious-- I am a vegan married woman from greenwood indiana. Politically, I would say i'm an independent-- I am nearly split down the middle on my political views so :) as time goes on maybe you'll figure out which part of my ramblings come from which political views :) anyhow... I have a two year old son :) (also vegetarian-- ovo-lacto-veg to be specific) My husband is a pesci-vegetarian (he does not consume dairy or eggs though) anyway... I am currently enrolled at IUPUI-- will transition to IU school of nursing next fall (I would be able to do that in the spring were it not for the fact that all credit hours used for admission had to be completed by the end of summer session II and i wanted to take anatomy in the fall and not the summer... soo.. i have a semester of blank fill classes in the spring and am planning on knocking out physiology and a few other misc. electives next semester to lighten my course load in the fall and beyond. I have been in college since 2004-- but i took 2 semesters off to stay home with my son after he was born (he was planned-- we just thought it would be better to have our children before i graduated since i will be on contract when i get out of school and therefore would not be allowed to stay home more than 12 weeks-- and i wanted to stay home the first year-- we reconsidered that after i stayed home with Owen the first year-- and will have our next child after i graduate--mostly due to the fact that i would not be able to afford daycare for 2 children while in school (well and a host of other things but well-- i think that's sufficient discussion on that topic)
Anyway, I am currently enrolled in 15 credit hours-- and drowning-- but still maintaining my A average (i currently have a 3.92) needless to say-- this has been the most stressful semester of my college career-- it is my first full time semester back since Owen was born (I went part time for 2 other semesters) I work for a home health care company when my course load is lighter and during the summer-- helping mentally (And some physically) disabled independent individuals become more self sufficient (they pay for their own residences-- some of them work, live on their own outside of a medical setting but need guidance in community interactions, spending habits ect) i have been with that company for just over a year now
My son is the light of my life :) he is very diverse in his interests and fairly bright :) he is potty trained with the exception of during sleep times he loves Thomas the train, cars, spiderman (Though he hasn't watched it but once-- and not with me :P ) superman (never watched-- i think he just likes the idea of superheros lol) :) and is obsessed with dinosaurs :) knows all of his colors, his alphabet, numbers up to 10, and to my dismay has learned to hit recently :( (which we are struggling very hard to break and not having much success) he has always done fairly well with behaving-- we started time outs at 12 months-- it worked beautifully-- but we always pair it with hugs and a gentle conversation about what he did to get put in the corner and make sure he apologizes ect ect :) outside of that our methods include a variety of rewards (monies--meaning pennies lol, and toy matchbox cars (or other specialty toys he picked out when we can afford it) for accident free days-- which has been transitioning to weeks now :) )
Anyway , currently, I am taking anatomy, Spanish (so that i can eventually take medical terminology in Spanish for field specific work-- because i wholeheartedly believe that despite best efforts people who have a different native language in emergency situations should not be expected to remember a foreign language), cultural anthropology (I LOVE this class lol), independent study in piano, and indiana homicides (a 1 cr hour class that turned out to be a nightmare-- but is almost over lol) :)
My class history includes-- honors advanced english composition, (a basic math refresher course was taken before this but not counted towards my major) finite math, sociology, interpersonal communications, intro to psych, child and adolescent psych, biology of women, chemistry, and.. I think that's it thus far-- i took a lot of stuff in high school that has carried with me too :) (I went to cathedral high school by the way)
one of our best friends just had a baby this week :) and i've been busy trying to get together old baby clothing, my old front carrier ect for her and putting off homework because its stressing me out :) but i'll get back to it today-- i have to-- my neurology lecture test in anatomy is on monday :( (wish me lots and lots of luck lol) :) anyway... will be starting a new book soon-- will update on that later :)
love peace and compassion :)
-Tawni-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) Great intro... Didn't know you were having problems with Owen hitting we're facing that one too right now with Justin :( so if you find the cure let me know.

Lil

TawniAline said...

ha :) we've been working on it for about 2 weeks now-- we tried witholding the treats we got him in lieu of candy for halloween saying he could only have them if he didnt hit all day-- that didnt work-- so now we're using the monies thing (just started today-- i'll let you know if it worked for even a day lol :D )anyway... i think he picked it up from some of the older boys-- but she doesnt seem as upset by it as i thought she might be-- she let a kid go once because they were too violent/ill tempered so i'm just a little nervous because of that lol :) she's also upset with him for growling in agression (not horribly upset just something she's trying to work on :) ) when she tells him to do something or says no-- so... i just dont know how to get her to only work on one thing at a time lol :) oh well-- maybe if I work on one thing at a time it will be sufficient :) he just doesnt handle a lot of restrictions all at once very well-- and since these things were never a problem before they're all technically new restrictions

Anonymous said...

That's quite the intro....and I thought the one you had on MySpace was wordy...lol. Just teasing of course. Sorry I've been in a hole in the ground and haven't checked out your new and improved blog until now! :-)