Friday, November 9, 2007

Insects!! :)

So, yesterday i found this little critter on my porch-- not sure what it is-- its new to me anyway-- if anyone has any ideas let me know :) beautiful little insect really-- friendly from what i can tell-- has wings-- but cant fly-- i'm guessing because she's dying from the cold though-- he/she doesnt spray anything (Which is what i thought would happen at first because of the shape of her tail end-- and i didnt hold her so i dont know for sure that the little appendage on her mouth is used for plants but i'm pretty sure it is-- but it resembles the mouth of a mosquito.... anyway....thought i'd share him/her kept her overnight until i could get my camera working and now she's back on my porch where i found her/him


ANSWER: I found my answer :) it is a wheel bug :) (assasin bug) it feeds on softbodied prey (ie:caterpillers and japanese beatles)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know what it was, either, but it looks pretty nifty. :-)