Tuesday, November 20, 2007

LOL! Candidate Matching?? :)

Politics... not one of my most skilled subjects :) but i know a bit-- have had a little correspondence with our senate members over the past few years-- but past that-- i guess i'm out of the loop sometimes-- I know what things i want changed-- but i dont always know what bills are up for debate ect ect-- unless of course it regards cigarette taxes or farming legislation-- and a few issues regarding animal testing plant building sites--- but... past that-- i only know what's going on after its been voted on-- i've been trying to become a bit more involved over the past couple years-- but its not going well quite yet :)
ANYWHO :) in case you're still interested (just had to make a little disclaimer because i'm not 100% set in my views on any candidates and such just yet) -- I came accross a few sites that had candidate matching quizes-- that just seems so foreign/odd to me... i mean... how are you supposed to trust that site to not be serving its own agenda? lol :) has anyone ever used these things?? :) I tried one of them-- but it was way off-- so i either wasnt concentrating enough and wasnt answering to the best of my abilities lol (dont know how THAT happens :) ) or it just kind of randomly sticks you with whoever answered EXACTLY as you did-- because-- i mean i had some candidates up there on my list that were WAY off-- where as other candidates who were closer in view to me on more issues but not exact on quite as many were further down-- hell-- i had a couple candidates i really like not even show up on my list-- sooo :) if anyone knows of a good version of that type of thing let me know lol :) the test lets you gauge importance for the issues-- but really... i just dont think its all that accurate-- but it did fill me in on a couple of candidates i had not yet looked into :) soooo :) my job in the next few months is to do a little more research on Mike Gravel and possibly Joseph Bidden--- because i dont know much about them but from what i was seeing they MIGHT be close on some issues for me-- I was really disappointed though-- because i really had come under the impression that Bayh was running (But it appears he is not due to the fact that he feels it would mean he would have to be virtually absent from the senate :( which-- i respect-- but... I think it would have been interesting :) though-- we do have a lot of interesting folks in there already so :) i guess i'm ok with it) I dont know Bayh's exact stances on some of the issues that are fairly important to me in this election anyway-- but i have had very positive interactions with him in correspondance through letters over the past couple years.. so would be interested to see-- and havent had much time to really read through all of his stuff on his site... ANYWAY :) just thought i'd let you know i had a little chuckle at my results on one of those candidate matchers :) ask if anyone knew of one that was fairly accurate ect :) I'll shut up now :)
Have a Nice DAY!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took one of those a while back, but it came back with someone I had never heard of, and I forget who it is now. The ink was in my work email too, so I guess it's gone for good. :-) Those things are fun, but I wouldn't take them too seriously, either.

robfelty said...

The candidate calculators simply see how your opinions line up with the stances that candidates have taken on issues. Unfortunately Mike Gravel (former senator from Alaska) was not included in the democratic debates, but he had some very interesting ideas. I think the point of the calculator is that we should really vote for the person that would try to make legislation that we agree with, not the person who has the best ads or who has the most charisma.