Saturday, November 10, 2007

Long Night

So I never thought i'd ever in my life learn this much about nerves.... I'm utterly exhausted-- and i still have 4 chapters to review by monday.... on the bright side-- supposedly this section of the course covers a third of the material for the entire class- so after monday it will all be behind me for the most part (well-- not if you count that i have to retain it enough to take my final at the end of the semester-- which i think the cumulative section of the last test is only 20%-- the other 80 comes from the last section covered in class.... ) ANYWHO.... tomorrow.. i get to study some more :( and in effect i miss out on a minimum of half the day with my son and Dave... who will be going out to my parents house to help with a project my dad has (putting in a new giant window...) hopefully that will give me enough time-- then tuesday i have a buttload of stuff to do at the state library researching the homicides of franklin click--- yahoo... :P fun fun fun... not to mention i have a spanish quiz the following day-- which i have YET to be able to crack a book open for-- because i've been so bogged down by anatomy and my indiana homicides class-- i mean really?? should a one credit hour class take up THIS much of my time??? not to even get me started on the fact that it was purely elective and has NOTHING to do with my major-- well-- it does to an extent but it wont count towards it....
anyway.. i've discovered that in order to maintain my 3.92... the only class i can even briefly think of getting a B in is my indiana homicides course-- but i cant RAISE my GPA unless i get an A in everything... and unfortunately it was starting to look like i would get a B in my spanish course--- but.. alas-- if i do that--- i will drop my overall gpa to nearly 3.81--- totally not acceptable-- puts me at too much risk of having to reapply in the spring of 09... and well... that puts me graduating in 2012-- leaving an age gap of 8... count em.. 8 years (7 1/2 if we're lucky)between our children... too much for me... i'm not willing to do that.... so... i'm adament that i'm getting in next fall (i REALLY wish it was spring-- i hate that i didnt notice those classes had to be finnished by summer session II) anyway... that has me graduating in fall of 2011-- owen would be *gasp* 6 1/2--sooo... hopefully... i'll be at least a couple months pregnant at graduation lol (yeah as if i could be so lucky...) and they wil only be 7 years apart :( but.. still more than i was hoping-- i was hoping for more like 5 years apart-- but even if i could get in next semester it would still only be like 6 1/2 best case scenario.... i'm getting a little depressed right now
:( sorry i'm rambling....
its making me want to reconsider having another baby before i'm out of college-- but i honestly dont think we could afford the extra daycare at this point....
Anyway... I guess i'm off to bed now-- i'm freezing so.. at least i'll get to be warm lol...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could always bring the baby in a sling to all of your classes, right? ;-) Sorry; I guess I'm not much help, huh? The only other option I could think of would be to take a break from school, have a baby, then go back when they're a bit older. That would be difficult to make work though in practice I'm sure.

TawniAline said...

i would love to do it that way actually-- unfortunately, the minute i drop out for a semester, i have to start paying all of my student loans back... and well... i'm not quite financially prepared to do that just yet-- so i'll have to stay enrolled